Our Director, Frank Howarth, has challenged us in the Australian Museum to think about nine big themes for 2010 as we go into our next strategic planning cycle:
1. Increasing the accessibility of the Museum and its programs
2. Pushing the digital envelope: doing more in the virtual world
3. Partnerships: more leverage and influence
4. Linking cultural collections and communities
5. Increasing our advocacy: taking a stance on things that matter
6. Getting more creative and lateral with what we call “exhibitions”
7. Getting more commercial without jeopardising our brand or values
8. Towards new approaches to cataloguing and understanding our biodiversity
9. Doing the things that are important and have impact, and stopping those that don’t
Frank provided some thought starters for each theme and we are discussing them here
on our website.
I'm curious to know what others across our sector think - what are your big themes for 2010 and what should we as a collective do about them??