what will the museum of the future be like?
Time: March 31, 2011 from 10am to 3:30pm
Location: Melbourne Town Hall, Council Meeting Room
Street: Swanston Street (between Little Collins Street and Collins Street)
Website or Map: http://www.mavic.asn.au
Phone: (03) 8341 7344
Event Type: seminar
Organized By: Museums Australia (Victoria)
Latest Activity: Mar 15, 2011
Many cultural events, activities and organisations are managed or auspiced by local governments. This seminar explores the link between cultural work and local government and offers insight into managing the interface between culture and government well. Key Speakers and the Panellists will share ideas and guidance about ways to develop support for cultural projects; lobby for funding in a competitive environment; develop sustainable cultural policies and communicate across government units.
- Jane Crawley, Manager, Arts and Culture, Community Development, City of Melbourne
- Alan McGregor, Cultural Development Co-ordinator, Frankston City Council
- Grant Collie, Director, Burke Museum and Historic Precinct, Indigo Shire Council
- Megan McEvoy, Curator, Manningham Gallery, Manningham City Council
- Wendy Garden, Gallery Curator, Maroondah Art Gallery, Maroondah City Council
- Anita Jack, General Manager, Golden Dragon Museum, Bendigo
Gold / Institutional Members $70.00
Silver Members $105.00
Associate / Non Members $140.00
Lunch and Refreshments included.
Generously supported by the City of Melbourne.To make a booking go to: www.mavic.asn.au/events